What’s the first thing you do in the morning?
I recently posted about how creating a vision board can help motivate you to reach your goals.
I wanted to share another visualisation technique that I’ve been doing for about 2 weeks now and which has had a huge impact on how I feel each and every day!
Are you feeling overwhelmed?
If you’ve just started your online business, have had one for a while or you’re just researching the possibility, it can get a bit overwhelming at times. There’s learning to host a website, create content, create automated email lists, finding products to sell/promote alongside living your daily life!
Sometimes overwhelm can lead to a massive case of procrastination, where you can’t focus enough on what needs to be done in order to move forward and achieve your goals. So, we end up doing the little things, like scrolling Pinterest for ideas or motivation (guilty), telling ourselves its okay because we’re ‘working’.
Unfortunately, you’re not going to get anywhere fast doing that.
5 minutes to boost your productivity
One way I’ve found of overcoming this problem is visualisation. I start each morning by closing my eyes and remembering my happy place, this means I always end up in a good mood, no matter which side of the bed I got out of!
I then vividly imagine what my ideal life would look like, the things I am doing, the way my body looks and feels. I think about who’s around me (usually imagining some future kids) and where we are. I also concentrate on the steps I’ve taken that have got me to this ideal place.
And that’s it. It takes me 5 minutes.
You’ll get a lot of people saying you need to meditate or visualise your goals for 15 minutes each day. But honestly, it’s hard to get 15 minutes in undistracted by other people, besides I’ve found that just 5 minutes does the trick.
- I’m more productive all day.
- I have the motivation to actually work on the stuff that will bring my dream into reality.
- I feel less overwhelmed and more at peace with the journey, I’m on.
- I’m happier.
- It helps me feel in control of my life.
You don’t need to believe in the law of attraction to use visualisation. Try it for a week, see how you feel.
5 Steps to successful visualisation:
- Find a quiet place, close your eyes and think of a place that makes you happy. Really FEEL it.
- Think about your big goals/dreams, imagine how you’ll be feeling once you have achieved them.
- Think about the steps you need to take in order to make those dreams a reality. Whether it’s a particular bit of research you need to do, or you need to reach out and get some training.
- Think of one thing you are grateful for – this helps boost your mood!
- (optional) I like to look at a motivational quote. Either one I’ve got printed out and framed, one from Pinterest or Instagram. This helps you feel supercharged and focused – Just don’t start scrolling.
If you’re looking for more motivational quotes and tips on improving your mindfulness, follow me on Instagram!